More news from Hyundai as they have just announced the release of the Series II i30 Tourer, which now comes standard with the 7 speed double clutch transmission. the i30 tourer will come in 2 models the Tourer which can had with either 1.6L GDi petrol engine or 1.6L CRDi diesel engine and the Tourer Elite which will exclussively poiwered by the 1.6L CRDi diesel engine.
Thanks to Hyundai for the pics and info check out all the details below.
i30 Tourer Moves to Series II
- Wagon version of i30 Series II brings significant upgrades
- 7-speed double-clutch transmission (DCT) now standard across two-tier range
- Rear-view camera now standard on both model variants
- New-look 16-inch machined-face alloy wheels
- New 5-inch touchscreen audio system on i30 Series II Tourer variant includes Pandora™ internet radio capability
22 June 2015 – The wagon version of Hyundai’s big-selling and multi-award-winning i30 has received important upgrades in its latest Series II guise, including a 7-speed DCT (Double-Clutch Transmission) as standard.
Also new across the two-tier i30 Series II Tourer range is a rear-view camera as standard equipment, together with a host of significant changes which make the stylish and versatile small wagon even more functional.
i30 Series II Tourer model range
i30 Series II Tourer now comes in two model variants: Tourer (which replaces the previous Active) and Tourer Elite.
Entry-level Tourer is available with Hyundai’s 1.6 GDi Petrol or 1.6 CRDi Diesel engines, while Tourer Elite is available exclusively with the 1.6 CRDi Diesel.
Both petrol and diesel engines now come standard with Hyundai’s advanced in-house designed 7-speed DCT.
The i30 Series II Tourer range has adopted the larger hexagonal grille featured on the i30 Series II hatchback at launch earlier this year.
The new grille incorporates black horizontal slats with satin chrome inserts, and its design more closely aligns both the i30 Series II hatch and Tourer range with their upmarket all-new Sonata and Genesis stablemates.
Also new on i30 Series II Tourer and Tourer Elite are dynamic new-design 16-inch machined-face alloy wheels with gunmetal grey inserts.
i30 Series II Tourer and Tourer Elite now also feature as standard the clever rear-view camera introduced with i30 Series II hatchback. The camera image is displayed on the new 5-inch in-dash multimedia touch screen in i30 Series II Tourer, and the carryover 7-inch touch screen in Tourer Elite.
The rear-view camera augments the i30 Series II Tourer and Tourer Elite’s four-sensor rear parking assist system.
Inside, i30 Series Tourer now features a 5-inch touchscreen audio system with outstanding connectivity options including Bluetooth, USB, auxiliary input, digital iPod and MP3 compatibility.
The upgraded audio system in i30 Series II Tourer also offers Pandora® internet radio capability when tethered with a compatible iOS or Android smartphone. If installed, users are able to interact directly with the Pandora® app on their smartphone via the multimedia display.In keeping with the latest technological trends, CD-player functionality has been removed from this system.
i30 Series II Tourer Elite variants continue to utilise the existing 7-inch touchscreen satellite-navigation system with CD-player.
The i30 Series II Tourer range now comes exclusively with Hyundai’s advanced 7-speed DCT (double-clutch transmission), replacing the outgoing model’s 6-speed automatic transmission. The new DCT was launched earlier this year as an option- on CRDi-engined i30 Series II Active hatchback and standard on the diesel-only Premium hatchback range flagship.
Seamless in operation, more fuel-efficient and offering more performance than the six-speed automatic it replaces, the new 7-speed DCT transmission features a twin-plate dry clutch design.
The i30 Series II Tourer range is available with either Hyundai’s impressive Gamma 1.6 GDi petrol or U-II 1.6 CRDi diesel engines.
The U-II 1.6 CRDi diesel engine has been significantly upgraded with power output increased to 100kW (up from 94kW) and peak torque now an impressive 300Nm (up from 260Nm), while fuel economy has improved by 1.0l/100km.
Gamma 1.6 GDi
U-II 1.6 GDi
98 kW @ 6,300 rpm
100 kW @ 4,000 rpm
163 Nm @ 4,850 rpm
300 Nm @ 1,750 – 2,500 rpm
Tourer & Tourer Elite
KEY SPECIFICATIONS AND EQUIPMENT
i30 Series II Tourer (replaces Active variant)
- 7DCT transmission
- 7 airbags (driver & front passenger, driver & front passenger side (thorax), full-length curtains, driver’s knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) including:
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- LED daytime running lamps
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Rear parking assist system (4 sensors)
- Rear view-camera (NEW)
- 16-inch alloy wheels with 205/55R16 tyres
- Keyless entry with burglar alarm
- 5-inch touchscreen audio system with MP3 capability, 6 speakers, media ripping/storage and Pandora® internet radio capability via tethering with smartphone (NEW)
- AUX/USB audio input with digital iPod® compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity (hands-free phone & audio streaming)
- Steering wheel mounted audio and phone controls
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls and speed limiter function
- Front & rear power windows
- Front fog lights
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- One-touch turn signal operation (3, 5, or 7 flashes)
- One-touch window-down on driver’s window
- Tilt & telescopic steering column
- Trip computer
- Cloth interior
- LED high-mount stop light
- Manual air-conditioning with rear heating ducts
- 60:40 split folding rear seats
- Cargo blind & safety barrier net
- Luggage net
- Luggage underfloor box & flat-folding rear seats
- Roof rail
i30 Series II Tourer Elite
Key specifications above Tourer variant:
- Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
- 7-inch touchscreen satellite-navigation system with CD player & 3 years’ HERE MapCare™
- Dual-zone climate control with automatic windscreen defog function
- Electric folding external mirrors with integrated LED side
- repeater lights
- Proximity smart key with push-button start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear seat centre armrest
- TFT LCD colour display in Supervision cluster
- Alloy-look interior door handles
- Illuminated front door handles, puddle lights, and sun visors
- One-touch window up/down function on all windows
- Chrome exterior door handles
- Satin chrome belt-line moulding
- Premium gear knob and steering wheel
|1.6 GDi Petrol||7 Speed DCT||
|1.6 CRDi Diesel||7 Speed DCT||
* All prices are Manufacturer’s List Price. Price excludes dealer delivery and on road costs.
Discover why Hyundai iCare is Australia’s best customer care program, offering a comprehensive suite of owner benefits including; Lifetime Service Plan, 5 Year Unlimited Km Warranty, a Sat Nav Update Plan, complimentary Roadside Assist for 12 months on new vehicles, a Roadside Support Plan for up to 10 years, 1,500km complimentary first service, a dedicated Customer Care Centre, myHyundai – exclusive owner website, customer events, and more. Visit www.hyundai.com.au/owners for full details.