One of my favourite cars I’ve reviewed for 3 on The Tree is the Chrylser 300 so I’m am really excited to hear that Chrysler have released details of the 2015 model at the LA Autoshow. Granted the details are for the American models so specs might change for Australian models when they arrive you can bet that there wont be many things too different. Check out all the details below from Chrysler.
The new 2015 Chrysler 300, unveiled today at the LA Auto Show, takes the nameplate’s style and sophistication to a whole new level, offering iconic design proportions, world-class quality, materials and refinement, V6 or V8 power, plus segment-exclusive innovations
- New Chrysler 300 sedan’s iconic and unmistakable exterior proportions are now crafted with even more sculptural and expressive style for 2015, with a bolder front grille, signature LED lighting, unique finishes and new wheel designs
- New Chrysler 300C Platinum model features quilted Nappa leather, hand-sanded wood, ultra-premium Poltrona Frau leather-wrapped instrument panel and console, plus platinum-chrome exterior details and 20-inch wheels
- 5.7-litre Hemi V8 delivers 270kW, 534Nm and 0-100km/h in less than 6 seconds. The 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 offers outputs of 224kW and 358Nm or 218kW and 353Nm
- All-new interior design elements include a standard 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) and class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter, plus Chrysler brand’s new three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters
- Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, now standard on every model, balances performance with impressive efficiency from 7.5L/100km (approx)
- Up to 6 percent fuel economy improvement, plus improved acceleration and refinement, with 270kW and 534Nm 5.7-litre HEMI® V8 engine with four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology
- New 2015 Chrysler 300 Limited provides customers more standard appointment, including the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission, heated leather seating, Uconnect with voice commands and the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen.
- New 2015 Chrysler 300S model features unique blacked-out accents, large 20-inch Hyper Black finish wheels, more athletically sculpted side sills, unique deck-lid spoiler and a higher output Pentastar V6 engine with 224kW and 358Nm, plus Sport mode and paddle-shifting capabilities now as quick as 250 milliseconds
- New for 2015, the “Sport” button enables sport-tuned steering, pedal, engine and transmission calibration, plus rear-biased torque on AWD models for more dynamic handling
- New advanced technological solutions include electric power steering and cast-aluminum axles and housing to reduce energy demand, weight and parasitic friction
- More than 80 available safety and security features, including new for 2015 Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop, and Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Production for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan begins in the fourth quarter of 2014 at the Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant in Canada
The new 2015 Chrysler 300 has arrived, offering distinctive style with world-class craftsmanship, comfort and fuel-efficient performance. The new 2015 Chrysler 300 offers iconic design proportions, inspired materials, plus game-changing innovations — including a state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission now standard on every model, an advanced all-wheel drive (AWD) system, award-winning Uconnect Access services, all-new 7-inch full color driver information display (DID) and the newest generation Uconnect systems.
“Our new 2015 Chrysler 300 builds on its legacy of delivering world-class performance, elegance, sophistication, technology and craftsmanship – a combination that can only be found in our big and bold rear-wheel-drive sedan,” said Al Gardner, President and CEO – Chrysler Brand.
“Beyond its head-turning iconic proportions and even more commanding Chrysler front-end and grille, our new 300 is designed to reward hard-working individuals by delivering exclusive technologies, premium appointments and levels of quality of sedans costing thousands more.”
Heritage-inspired styling combined with world-class execution make the new Chrysler 300 stand apart from the competition. The new 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan arrives to the market with unmistakable styling and world-class engineering, quality and technology that is designed to exceed expectations and rival luxury competitors in premium segments.
Lifestyle driven models highlight the Chrysler 300 sedan’s broad appeal. Building on the success of the Chrysler 300 sedan’s lifestyle driven models, the lineup has been revamped for 2015 with four highly equipped models:
- 300 Limited
- 300C Platinum
Bold design that has reshaped a segment
Confident looks, expressive materials and world-class execution make the new 2015 Chrysler 300 stand apart from the competition.
At the front of the new 2015 Chrysler 300, a redesigned fascia features a more sculptured surface, taller more prominent grille with a unique dimensional texture and chrome grille surround.
The grille contains the Chrysler wing badge, which appears to float within the dramatic grille texture and highlights the new face of Chrysler.
Nestled below the upper grille is an elegantly drawn chrome Mobius strip, which outlines the lower grille opening and extends outward, surrounding the new optional LED fog lamps. This new detail reinforces the Chrysler brand’s new design direction and provides the Chrysler 300 with even more visual presence.
Bi-functional projector beam headlamps are available with adaptive forward lighting (AFL) to better illuminate road curves ahead, while integrated LED-illuminated daytime running lamps (DRL) shape its unmistakable brand identity. New LED fog lamps are available and provide a consistent white illumination at the front.
From the side, unmistakably strong, yet subtly executed shoulder lines pay homage to the Chrysler 300 series design heritage and define the correlation between front and rear wheel arches. A high beltline stays true to the Chrysler 300 sedan’s signature proportion, while its elegantly tailored chrome side window surrounds and available chrome mirrors hint at the luxurious interior within.
Seven new wheel designs, ranging from 17 inches to wider and wheel-well-filling 20 inches, provide the new 2015 Chrysler 300 with a planted, road-holding look.
Finishing the new Chrysler 300 sedan’s powerful rear stance is a new sculpted LED tail lamp with an illuminated halo, providing a unique signature appearance. A restyled rear fascia has a more fluid surface and features a tailored chrome fascia trim accent. Below, a new lower valance in black provides visual width and lightens the appearance of the sedan.
Last, a pair of elegantly drawn, polished exhaust tips are placed in the corners to give the Chrysler 300 an upscale athletic appearance.
An interior wrapped in world-class materials, craftsmanship and technology
Inside the new 2015 Chrysler 300, passengers will be immersed in a sophisticated blend of hand-sculpted fluid shapes, high-quality and innovative material choices inspired by American cities, precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology and thoughtful, clever features.
When designing the new 2015 Chrysler 300, the team incorporated unique design elements and utilized authentic materials to create an interior identity that is comfortable yet beautiful.
- As the pinnacle of the Chrysler brand’s lineup, the new 300C Platinum offers an all-new and exclusive two-tone Indigo/Linen interior inspired by La Jolla, California.
This sedan’s interior environment features segment-exclusive use of quilted and perforated Nappa leather on front and rear seats. Highlighting this sedan’s world-class level of craftsmanship and comfort are premium Nappa leather door panels with exclusive quilted inserts.
Once limited to sedans priced tens of thousands more, ultra high-end Foligno leather from Italian leather expert, Poltrona Frau, wraps the instrument panel and sides of the center console and is finished with French accent stitching.
A two-tone Indigo/Linen leather-wrapped steering wheel is hand-stitched together and includes die-cast paddle shifters and a unique chrome accent ring to highlight the segment-exclusive 360-degree heated rim. Completing the interior environment is specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood stained in a matte-Mocha finish for greater beauty.
- The high-fashion and rock-‘n’-roll edge of Fifth Avenue in New York City was the inspiration for the Black leather interiors available in every Chrysler 300 model.
Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the Black leather environment. Model specific use of hydrographic and stitching accents include Charcoal Metallic and black stitching (300 Limited) and Matte Carbon and Silver stitching (300S), while real Black Olive Ash Burl wood with bronze stitching is standard on 300C models. For a bespoke look, specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood is stained in a matte-Mocha finish and paired with Black accent stitching.
- The tenacious, never-say-die spirit of Detroit was the inspiration for the 300S model’s exclusive Black with Ambassador Blue Nappa leather interior with industrious Silver accent stitching. For added detail, the center console armrest and door armrests are color matched to this model’s unique sport seats and feature French seamed stitching in silver. Exclusive use of Piano Black on interior center stack, instrument panel, steering wheel, gauge cluster and door panel elements provide a uniquely lacquered and highly detailed appearance. Matte Carbon hydrographic accents and die-cast paddle shifters are also included.
- A peaceful Zen is represented by the Sausalito, California-inspired two-tone Linen and Black interior color choices. Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the environment while Charcoal Metallic hydrographic accents with black stitching and Black Olive Ash Burl wood with bronze stitching accents provide 300 Limited and 300C models with a high level of craftsmanship
All-new interior design elements for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 include a standard 7-inch full-color DID cluster and electronic rotary transmission shifter, plus Chrysler brand’s new three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters. In addition, the newest Uconnect systems have been added with the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission balances V8 performance with impressive efficiency
Once limited to sedans costing twice as much, the new 2015 Chrysler 300 now offers the innovative TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on every model.
New to the 2015 Chrysler 300S, 300C and 300C Platinum models with 5.7-litre V8 engine is the state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. By design, this gearbox provides world-class shift quality, refinement, fuel efficiency and Sport mode. Paired with this legendary engine, these Chrysler 300 models deliver 270kW, 534Nm and 0-100km/h in less than 6 seconds.
New 2015 Chrysler 300 rear-wheel drive (RWD) or AWD models with the 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine continue to use the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission standard, offering impressive fuel efficiency across the range.
New Chrysler 300S model delivers more performance, athletically styled
For 2015, the Chrysler 300S model is even more capable, athletic-styled and driver focused than ever.
Instantly transforming the new Chrysler 300S model’s performance and personality is a revised Sport mode. By engaging Sport mode, drivers can reduce shift times from approximately 400 milliseconds to 250 milliseconds, increase engine and throttle responsiveness, adjust electronic stability control (ESC) settings and firm up the steering feel of the new standard electric power steering (EPS) system.
For even greater V6 performance, the Chrysler 300S model increases the standard 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine’s output from 218kW and 353Nm to 224kW and 358Nm, plus adds a unique sport-tuned dual exhaust system with a more distinctive sound. To make sure the added power and precision connects the driver to the road, the 2015 Chrysler 300S chassis features a new sport-tuned suspension with increased damping compared to the previous model.
Outside, the new Chrysler 300S trades chrome exterior accents for unique blacked-out and body-color design details, and all-new Hyper Black finished 20-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch with AWD).
And for drivers who want even more performance and attitude, the new 2015 Chrysler 300S can be had with a 270kW 5.7-litre HEMI V8 engine, new eight-speed paddle-shifting transmission with Sport mode, and all-new uniquely sculpted side sills and deck-lid spoiler.
Safety and technology
The Chrysler 300 also offers three premium audio systems designed to immerse passengers in the ultimate audio experience, including the segment-exclusive high-definition BeatsAudio system and premium Harman Kardon audio system with 18-speakers, 8-inch subwoofer and 900-watt amplifier.
The Chrysler 300 offers more than 80 safety and security features, including many that are new for 2015. New available features for the model year include Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, which provides autonomous braking and, under certain circumstances, slows or brings the vehicle to a full stop when frontal collision appears imminent.
Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Full Stop helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and, under certain traffic conditions, the system can bring the new 2015 Chrysler 300 to full stop without driver intervention. New Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist introduces subtle steering-wheel input to alert the driver of inadvertent lane departure and assist with corrective action.
The vehicle’s standard Keyless Enter ’n Go activates interior lighting and enables passive cabin entry and trunk access through the driver’s personalized key fob. The new Chrysler 300 also includes a standard ultrasonic security system with an anti-tilt feature, which sounds an alarm if the vehicle is towed or raised on a jack.
Enthusiast-inspired rear-wheel-drive architecture with advanced technological solutions
The chassis of the all-new 2015 Chrysler 300 is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies, thanks to its advanced technological solutions, which include:
Electric power steering (EPS): New standard EPS system provides added efficiency, added driving ease in low-speed situations and when parking, and tuned for added responsiveness during spirited driving
All-new, lighter weight axles for RWD and AWD: All-new cast-aluminum axles and axle housing provide weight savings and help to reduce parasitic friction
Sport mode (Included on 300S, 300C with V-8 and 300C Platinum models):
’S’ gear selector enables sport engine and transmission calibration, more responsive accelerator pedal calibration and permanent paddle-shift mode.
‘Sport’ button enables sport-tuned steering calibration and temporary paddle-shift mode, in addition to sport engine and transmission calibration, and increased responsiveness of the accelerator pedal calibration.
Both ‘S’ gear and ‘Sport’ button provide blistering-quick gear changes, reducing shift times by 37 percent (250 milliseconds versus 400 milliseconds) and can hold the desired gear without unexpected shifts, including at the redline.
Australian pricing, specification and timings are yet to be announced.